The Spectrum magazine
Welcome to The Spectrum magazine, one of the UK's largest collections of autistic art, poetry and prose.
The Spectrum magazine is created by autistic people, with content covering all things autism - from articles on ASD and aliens, to everyday reflections of life on the spectrum.
The October issue No. 112 is out now!
Highlights of the 'freedom' issue include:
- the winner and runners-up of our 60th anniversary art competition
- Tom writes about breaking free of anxiety-induced thought processes
- Nick on the freedoms he enjoys and the freedoms he would like
- Sarah describes her experience of asking for reasonable adjustments at work
- Eleanor on working as a bridal make-up artist
- Virulon SL26 - A Rascal story - fan fiction by Alexandra.
Subscribe to the paper magazine
A subscription will pay for four issues of the magazine, delivered straight to your door. Visit our online shop to order your subscription today.
October 2022 issue: PDF version
All issues of the magazine are available here on our website as a free PDF download.
Submit your work
We welcome submissions for the magazine. Whether you have an article, a piece of artwork or a poem you would like to be considered for inclusion, please send it in and you could be in a future issue. Submit your work.
Spectrum collections and previous editions
The autistic perspective
Autistic people share their experiences of mental health and loneliness.Read more
You are not alone
Join the community
Our online community is a place for autistic people and their families to meet like-minded people and share their experiences.Join today