Autism Accreditation is UK’s only autism-specific quality assurance programme of support and development for all those providing services to autistic people. It is a way for organisations to show they offer excellent support to autistic children and adults.Join now
The Autism Accreditation Programme is UK’s only autism specific quality assurance programme of support and development for all those providing services to autistic people. Achieving accreditation proves that an organisation is committed to understanding autism and setting the standard for autism practice.
Autism Accreditation is an internationally recognised quality standard, and with 30 years of accreditation expertise, we are the longest running programme in the world.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of being recognised through the Autism Accreditation Programme include:
- a more autism-focused service
- increased expertise in supporting autistic people
- foundation for informing strategic planning
- better outcomes for the autistic people you support/work with
- reassurance for families/carers
- a more personalised service
- increase in referrals to the service/school
- decrease in vacancies for placements
- evidence for commissioning bodies
- ongoing development for the service/school.
The programme consists of specific awards tailored to different provision types, read more about the awards:
Autism Specialist Award
An award aimed at specialist providers in the education, social care and prison fields. This award can also be for mainstream providers who wish to be seen as specialists in autism.
Autism Inclusion Award
An award aimed at mainstream providers in education, general health, community activities and the criminal justice system.